On the 7nd of September IDEa organizes their second Alumniday, an afternoon program about the ID Eindhoven designer, where you can say hello to all your fellow ID Alumni.
This year the Industrial Design Eindhoven alumni association organizes the event at a special location: Strijp-S. Trudo and Incubator Strijp-S made it possible for us to host our event in the characteristic Klokgebouw and will shortly introduce their vision and plans for young creatives in the Eindhoven region.
You are free to walk in at any time, just make sure you subscribe on time & join in for the dinner of course!
Workshops – 3-5PM
For alumni there are two workshops starting from 3PM in the afternoon: sketching by alumnus Bart Hengeveld and 3D-modeling and printing by alumnus Peter Hermans.
Walk-in & Welcome – 5PM
Faculty Update: Bachelor College
From 5.20PM we will welcome everyone for the start of the event. Director of Education Panos Markopoulos will inform you about the changes in the department focusing on the Bachelor College.
Panel Discussion and Interactive Session – 6PM
After that there are two parallel tracks. In the first track you get a chance of experiencing the professional work of our alumni around the topic ‘play’ (please let us know if you are an alumni and like to show your work) and can participate in a panel discussion around the topic ‘Profile Industial Designer Eindhoven’.
– Koert van Mensvoort (panel moderator). Koert promoted at the faculty of ID and is active in education for years. He is initiator of NextNature.
– Toon Hermans is managing director Eindhoven at Demcon. He has years of consultancy experience. It’s one of his first times he meets our alumni & the faculty.
– Sjoerd Hoyinck is design & development director at Van Berlo studios. He or one of his colleagues will participate in the panel discussion. At Van Berlo a lot of designers with different backgrounds, also TU/e ID, are working on large-scale design projects.
– Miguel Bruns will become director of education at our TU/e faculty from November 1. He promoted in Delft and is working for years now as an assistant professor at the faculty of ID.
– Maarten Hendriks, ID alumnus, runs Little Mountain, a platform for creative people. He is one of the initiators of the new Strijp-S Incubator.
– Jan Belon, ID alumnus and part of the IDEa committee. Jan graduated in 2011 and is currently partner at ‘Afdeling Buitengewone Zaken’, a design cooperative of fresh TU/e ID graduates.
From Design to Market: Fonckel – 7PM
The closing plenary presentation will be from alumnus Philip Ross on the development of the interactive luminaire ‘Fonckel’. The first design was part of Philip’s PhD research, now he and his two partners are running their own company and we can expect ‘Fonckel’ in store soon.
Music, diner, drinks: meet-up! – 7.45PM
There will be drinks, full dinner and music and thus ample opportunity to catch up and network. Costs for the event are 25 euro.